Successful Chase Sapphire Reserve Trip Delay Claim
Do you need to make a claim with your Chase Sapphire Reserve Card for a trip delay? Here is my experience on filing a Successful Chase Sapphire Reserve Trip Delay Claim so you know what to expect.
Trip Delay – My Flight Is Delayed 24 Hours
The day after Christmas, my flight from Vigo to Barcelona was cancelled due to bad weather. The next available flight wasn’t until the next day. Vueling employees were clueless on how to proceed. Passengers started swarming the gate agents. First, we pick up our checked bags and headed to the ticket counter.
Besides not wanting to waste my time waiting in line and dealing with the rest of the angry passengers, I called Vueling customer service number. Therefore, the phone agent booked me on the same flight but the next day. I received email confirmation along with a statement of why the flight was cancelled. This is mandatory for your claim.
How To Start CSR Trip Delay Reimbursement Claim
Chase Sapphire Reserve credit card offers trip delay benefits and covers up to $500 for transportation, hotel, amenities, food, toiletries, etc. Benefit kick in when flights are delayed 6+ hours. To begin a claim, call Chase Sapphire Reserve Benefits line: 1-800-348-8472. While on the phone, I had booked a hotel, hopped in a cab, and on my way to my destination.
I received an email – 56 page pdf claims guide along with instructions to submit documents on www.eclaimsline.com.
Hotel: $180.88 USD – I booked a hotel for 2 nights because the late night flight departure
Taxi from airport to hotel: 22.50€ ($26.80 USD)
Late night dinner: 39.50€ ($47.05 USD)
Lunch (next day): 45.00€ ($53.60 USD)
Dinner (next day): 15.95€ ($19.00 USD)
Taxi from hotel to airport: 20.75€ ($25.64 USD)
Toiletries (toothpaste, hair product & water): 9.51€ ($11.33)
Taxi from airport back to home: 30.20€ ($35.97)
Necessary Documents To Submit Electronically
- Original itinerary
- Updated itinerary of schedule change (airline will email a new itinerary)
- OFFICIAL statement from airline due to cancellation. “Extra ordinary circumstances” does not count. I had to have the airline email me that the flight was cancelled due to “weather.”
- Bank statements when the ticket was purchased
- Bank statements of charges to your credit card during your trip delay
I received a check for the full amount 2 months later. Hope you found my Successful Chase Sapphire Reserve Trip Delay Claim useful. Want to read about another successful claim? The next one is how my car rental got broken into and CSR saved me $315 with that claim. Click here.
Information About CSR
Chase Sapphire Reserve credit card is the best card to have in your wallet. With a new annual fee of $550 per year, I can tell you it’s well worth it.
Rewards & Benefits
- Spend $4,000 in the first 3 months, you earn a 50,000 point bonus.
- $300 travel credit
- 3x points on dining and travel; 1x points on everything else
- $100 credit toward Global Entry
- 1:1 Transfer for travel partners (United, Southwest, British Airways, Air France, Singapore Airlines, Hyatt, Marriott, and IHG)
Chase Sapphire Preferred vs. Chase Sapphire Reserve
Below is a chart when comparing the Preferred card with the Reserve card.